Project NOW employs approximately 150 people in Rock Island, Mercer, and Henry Counties in Illinois. If you are interested in seeking employment opportunities at Project NOW, please send us your application and resume, or come in to one of our locations to fill out an application in person. You can email your resume and application to: email@example.com. You will be contacted by Human Resources if you are selected for an interview. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not able to personally contact each applicant. You may also call our Moline office to make an appointment with our Employment Advocate for assistance with building a resume, interviews, and job searches. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify.
Positions within Project NOW are primarily grant funded and funding decreases can affect our staffing levels.
Job Title: Outreach Worker
Department: Senior Services
Summary: Performs a variety of outreach functions and searches for clients who do not know about or have not utilized appropriate services.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Familiarizes self with all agency programs and mode of operation with particular emphasis on program guidelines.
- Familiarizes self with all available area resources and develops a good working relationship with other groups/agencies in order to better coordinate services.
- Conduct follow-up on referrals from other agencies in a timely manner.
- Assesses client needs through intake and identifies and informs clients of resources available; refers, follows-up clients and provides services as indicated.
- Advocate for clients wrongfully denied services.
- Conducts home visits as needed and provides individual emphasis on family development and self-sufficiency.
- Assists clients in job search/placement or enrollment in education/training programs by making referrals and assisting with the resume or application processes as needed.
- Maintains accurate, confidential case files/records, updating as necessary.
- Must have completed a recognized Family and Community Development Certification process or have equivalent academic course work. Experience with advanced outreach, case management and/or family development desired.
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist
Department: Property and Assets
Summary: Responsible for the overall maintenance, physical condition, presentation and readiness of all Project NOW agency facilities and customer rental units prior to and during occupancy. Serves as point of contact for a variety of tenants and vendors, and is expected to facilitate a variety of demands.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining safe agency facilities and customer rental units, organizing repairs as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and assignments for self and crew.
- Must have basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills to make repairs or corrections to structural problems.
- Must have basic heating, air conditioning and ventilation skills to diagnose and correct problems.
- Responsible for carrying a company cell phone and be available for on-call duties.
- Must be able to make appropriate referrals to contractors if needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable vehicle, and proof of insurance.
Education and/or experience: Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and five years related experience and/or training. Must possess strong people skills and ability to work with people of a diverse background.
Job Title: Van Driver I
Department: Senior Services
SUMMARY: Transports seniors, disabled persons, and general public within Rock Island and Mercer counties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive passenger vans and/or busses to transport people.
- Check vehicle on a daily basis, report all mechanical problems immediately.
- Report all accidents and complete required reports.
- Follow all traffic laws.
- Keep accurate records of bus usage, number of transports, fuel cost, mileage, and other required data.
- Keep to schedule as given by dispatcher, will not deviate unless expressly given permission. Keep dispatcher notified o location at all times.
- Ability to map fuel efficient routes.
- Knowledge of local area and ability to navigate in the metro and rural areas.
- Escort customers to and from bus when required.
- Keep bus clean and neat in appearance.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Attend training as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have documented good driving record and have had drivers license for a minimum of 3 years. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Project NOW is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and PROVIDER